CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

back by popular demand.

Okay adoring fans...I will blog. I know I need to just make it a habit to blog like once a week. I tried that...Sundays...doesn't work since I haven't had a single free hour in the last 3 Sundays. I have to be at church at 8, back by 12:30, and then from there I have had Best Buddies meetings (the only time we could meet to do the matching), council meetings for my calling, interviews, visiting family in Ogden, and the list goes on. One of these days I will take a Sunday nap. School is amazing---I love my program. I was so worried that I wouldn't click with anyone or people would be way more experienced (they are) than I am with special education and they would think I shouldn't be there. I was wrong. I have made some great friends in my program and it is so fun to go to class everyday because I see all of them. I have program classes M-Th from 4-7...6 on Tuesdays! Before that, I work, have Best Buddies meetings, go to weight training and New Testament. After class, I just try to get everything done before I crash and burn around 12. I am up the next morning by about 6:45 to swim (I slept through my alarm this morning though). I have been volunteering for 5 hours each Friday at Amelia Earhart elementary with the same teacher I have been with for the last 2 years. It is so fun to see all my kids again, but my favorite has now been mainstreamed. I am so happy for her, but selfish me wishes she was still in my class. She even gave me a Pokemon name...Stunky. I wish life would slow down a little bit so I could enjoy it a little more, but this is how it goes I guess.
Let's see:

  • This weekend, I went to Ogden because my mom was in town. So good to see family and especially my mom. My grandparents were amazing too. I hung out with my cousin, Alex, who is 18 and he was going to a party so I went. Awkward...I am a Junior in college and these kids are seniors in high school, but it was fun to be with him.
  • Last night, I went to Brick Oven with some people from my program...so fun. We decided to do it more often. We need to see each other outside of class so it isn't always so stressful. I would recommend the Garlic Chicken pizza. Yum.
  • After that, I went to Aunt Tiana and Uncle Brent's so I could hang out with Jordan before he leaves. I can't believe how amazing my family is. He is such a great kid/young man and I am so blessed to be related to him. I love all my family, but it has been so great to always live near the Urmston's. He is going to be such a great missionary.
  • Funny story 1: I was working with a student named Bryce and he didn't listen to my prompts the first time so I repeated them. He turned to me and said,"Patience. Patience is a virtue." I do not know how I contained my laughter. Where do kids come up with these things?
  • Funny story 2: Amy and I were at the library last week and we left a little before midnight. We are hilarious people (we like to think) and we noticed that one of the big, glass-covered bulletin boards right in the middle of campus was open. How could we resist? We put my roommate's phone number on a paper and wrote, "Nicole Austin, a freaking hot babe." We went home and didn't say a word. The next night I was eating dinner when Nicole walked in and said,"I got a call from a St. George area code..." I died laughing. I couldn't wait for Amy to get home. Apparently, a boy called and said, "Nicole, I saw this note. A freaking hot babe...where are you?" We couldn't let it end there so the next night we put our other roommate's number up.

All in all, this is going to be a great year. I love what I am studying and the things I am involved in. I need to try and make more time for a social life. This is my goal for this weekend. Hang out with Roxanne and other amazing friends that I don't live with. Love to you all.

4 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Funny story #2: that is hilarious! I'm glad I'm not your roommate.

Candice Lynn said...

I must say that your blog is one of the few that I don't immediately silence, as your music picks get a big gold star from this gal (pointing at self).

Anonymous said...

You do need to slow down - just reading about your 'daily schedule' makes me tired! I am so glad you are loving your program! We can't wait to see you during Thanksgiving!

Sami Antha said...

Oh Cousin Stacie! This blogging business is helping me find all sorts of my forgotten favorite people. I haven't seen you in what, 23 years? Shameful. I just wanted to say hi.
Love, Cousin Sami