CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

F-A-G

No, I am not talking about a bundle of sticks or homosexuals. I just have another funny story from my adventures in the classroom. The class took a spelling test, but two students were exempt and worked with me at the back of the room on their letters and numbers. After the test, it was circle time and the teacher asked the students to spell some of the words while we were waiting for the speech therapist to come in. They were taking turns on the words either writing in on a whiteboard or saying it out loud. Oscar, one of the exempt students, was saying random letters the whole time. The teacher asked if anyone could spell can. Oscar had stopped his random letters, looked straight at the teacher, and said F-A-G. I was dying. The other teachers didn't seem to notice, but I couldn't stop laughing. I already love my career.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of your sweet niece, Elyse - wearing her SASSY shirt and covering up letters to spell things - such as ASS!

Heidi and Rich said...

Yeah you're blogging again. I love your music on here. That kid Oscar is a hoot much like my little Jaaziel from my days in the classroom. By the way, the "Patience is a virtue" quote was hillarious - I could just see my kids repeating that back to me one day after I'd used it on them. Sammy always repeats things I say. Such as, "Mom, that is like totally big." or "Gosh, Dangit!" Anyways - enjoy each day - you are living in a great time - college is so fun.

Meagan said...

hahah, nice. i'm glad i get to see you now. can we please plan a roadtrip to california sometime??? with tati and we can go to disneyland!! woohoo!

Peter FNFN said...

i'm reporting that kid!