CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Mexico!

I met Peter in San Diego the last weekend in July to go to Mexico and help in an orphanage. I drove Candice, Amy, and Sam and then we went with Peter and company on down to Mexico. We stayed in bunks one night and on the beach the next. The kids were very well cared for which was a big relief. I had just felt so bad for them before, but they really are in a much better situation than most. We cleaned up and played with the kids and Candice pretty much ran the painting project. Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be there with Peter and some longtime friends and especially Candice. Peter is a good guy and brother even if he has ridiculous expectations and tries to tell me what to do. Candice is way too much fun and I appreciate that she likes to hang out with me--although we both know she is much too cool for me.
Peter and Alex
Some of the San Diego group
Candice holding the littlest baby at the orphanage. I believe she was 8 months then and she was seriously smaller than Grant at that time.
Sam and I in our Nacho Libre masks.
Jim Halpert look alike to the left. Don't analyze him too closely, but he really does look like him.

3 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

I was so glad that you went to Mexico. I wish I could go. Maybe someday when the boys are bigger. I am glad that you are patient with Peter.

Anonymous said...

What a great experience for you and the group. I love Candice too - so glad to call her my cousin. Peter on the other hand - well he is a silly boy with HIGH expectations. That is fine, but he doesn't need to be stinky to you.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

The Petster just thinks he's funny...when he realizes that he's not, he won't be so stinky!

We all sure love him, though!

The orphanage trip looks like a great cause!