CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You know you're in Utah when...

My school is listening to Obama's speech this week so I decided that it would be good to have a lesson on the President and what he does and who he is.  The morning journal was "Who is in charge of our country?"  I asked the kids and they looked confused until one said, "Jesus!"  So right, but not at school.  Anyway, the same kid looked at me and said, "Barack Obama."  Amazing that he knew that--he's only 6!  Another kid is still convinced his mom is in charge.  Later in the day after communication group where we learned about the president, I had each kid tell me something they learned about the President and what he does.  One kid couldn't come up with anything so I said, "Did you learn his name?"  He said, "President Monson!"  His brother gave the Jesus answer before.  Cute kids. 

Also, I got a text from Zach today and he got to hear President Monson during devotional!  I wish I could have been there.  I didn't always make it to devotionals because of work and my volunteer hours in the schools, but I never missed when the prophet was there.  Good thing conference is in 2 1/2 weeks!

2 comments:

Vanessa Rae said...

i am SO happy your school was able to listen to Obama's speech!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

I read this post right when you posted it, but I just reread it. Too funny! It's sweet that they know the Prophet.