CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh so domestic.

We went to Vegas for Labor Day weekend and I had the crew pick me up from my school so we could head out ASAP.  It was a great trip with family and friends even though the parasail ripped before most of us could try it.  Next time...Anyway, the point of the first sentence was to illustrate that when we came home Monday afternoon I hadn't been home since Friday morning at 7:00.  I came in and noticed the laundry detergent by the microwave so I moved it to the washer.  I would say to the laundry room, but notice our pictures below and see the 5 foot wide 15 foot long kitchen includes the laundry room and water heater closet.  We had lots of wash so I got started with our first load of whites.  I went about other things then came and switched them to the dryer and got another load in the washer.  As I was pouring the detergent into the lid, I noticed there were some dark specks in it.  I suddenly freaked out and asked Zach what was in our detergent.  He then walked in with a look of realization and told me that it was the oil from the fried chicken he made last week.  He decided to use that to store it in since the detergent was basically empty...the only problem was he forgot to tell me!  I felt like an idiot for not noticing sooner, but Zach helped me see the humor and helped me fix the problem.  3 extra washes later and our whites still smell funky.  We laugh about it everyday. 
Random funny story from my class: Today we were stretching our words to hear each sound (beginning, middle, and end).  I decided to have them pretend to be pulling the word out of their mouth to get them to have something a little more concrete (random I know).  We were on bat and I asked one of my first graders what the beginning sound was and he said frantically, "I've got a bat in my throat!"  They are hilarious.  Love my job.

3 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

That is SO funny! I'm glad you could laugh about it.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

i love you,

warren

Vanessa Rae said...

oh you two are too funny!