CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween

Here I am with my buddy Chetty. I wasn't that into dressing up and I didn't have much time so i just found a skirt at DI and was a BYU cheerleader. I did have some pom-poms though. Chetty and her boyfriend were football players. She was pretty funny. She said she like every kind of music, but when she got in my car she changed every song on my CD. She was in the hospital all summer with acute pancreatis and just got out a few weeks ago so walking is still hard for her, but she was a trooper and slow danced to every song with Bruce (the boyfriend). He is also in Best Buddies, but he lives in his own apartment which is awesome because that means he is mostly independent. I also took my roommate's buddy because she had to be at the ward party. She was nice and also had a boyfriend. I wanted to know if she could get married or if anyone in Best Buddies did. She said their parents had to let them and her mom would, but her boyfriend's mom said he would have to wait until the next life. So she said she would wait and marry him in the next life. I have always felt bad for what I thought people with disabilities were missing out on or didn't understand, but I realized that her understanding of eternity and the plan of salvation is so much greater than mine. It was amazing. This is at the ward party. Nicole was a boxer. Amy, Ashley, and Emily were street basketball players. They looked good. I was only there for about 45 minutes, but it was okay.
I ate dinner at Aunt Tiana's house yesterday. Bruce, Teresa, Michelle, and Nate were there so I got to see them as well. I also met Bryan's fiance. She is nice and thought Uncle Brent was funny so that was good. They had a stake youth fireside so I watched Lizzie and we played Pooh matching games and watched the Mormon and Moroni video and Madeline. Very eventful. Hope you all are well. I still can't believe that Peter actually wore what he did for his costume. I'm sure that is illegal in some country.

4 comments:

Heidi and Rich said...

Stace-that sounds fun. I too have always worried about the mentally disabled as they grow into adults. At least she is happy and understands the bigger picture!! I am glad you got to see the family. We love you!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You sure keep yourself busy. I'm glad to see that you didn't bare all for your costume!

Your buddy is so positive - one of the many ways that their understanding exceeds ours!

I used to love spending time with family, just to balance college life. Enjoy yourself!!

Peter FNFN said...

Your halloween party looks super fun! I wish we had a similar program nearby. Well... I have fun in Mexico I guess.
About the costume... could you expect anything less? (not less clothes, that's not possible... i mean less impressive!??)
Actually, I took courage from our 2nd cousin, Christian... I saw pics of him dressed up for early halloween festivities and I told him how great they were and he told me to just do it!.... so, as you saw... I did. I just did it! No regrets! No reservations!
I even shaved my chest... who does that?
Nacho does. Nacho lo hace!

Heidi and Rich said...

Where are you?!? We need more posts. We have enjoyed your comments on our blog. We love you.