CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009

i'm like 5 years old.

Seriously, I don't understand how in 3 weeks I will be 21, in the fall I will be teaching, and in less than 4 hours I have my first interview for a teaching position. Not to mention other things that are blowing my mind and I can't believe are not far off, but really this is crazy.
I went to the Recruitment Fair on Friday and 2 districts told me they would set up interviews this week. I got a phone call this morning and my first appointment is at 2:00! My best friend in the program has an interview at the same school. We both want to work in the same setting (Secondary Life Skills classroom) so it was bound to happen that we would be looking at the same jobs, but we both really want each other to do well. I am extremely nervous, but also excited. The possibility of me getting this job isn't great, but it will be a great first experience!
Also blowing my mind, Kyle is going on a mission. Apologies to my other siblings, but I will probably miss him more than when you were out/away. I am so glad we took our trip to South America this summer to spend some quality time together and make some more memories. Kyle really is a great brother even if he drives me crazy sometimes--I just worry too much, but he has shown me that everyone figures things out in their own time and they are better for it. He is such a smart kid and I have confidence in his abilities as a missionary. I don't know if Peru is ready for him, but he will be ready for Peru. Don't ride any buses and don't drink the water. Love you.



PERU!

4 comments:

Fran said...

Relax!!! Enjoy life!!
At 74 years old,I wish I would have done more of these things..
visit Auntiefancys.blogspot.com
And have a few laughs!!
fran

Peter FNFN said...

the thing is stacie... kyle and i always know what we're doing. we just tend to not involve others in our thinking process.
but really, i'm glad that we took that trip this summer too! it's in the top 10 best things of my life. thanks for the memories
p.s. i'm super proud of your hard work at school! i know you'll do great in your interviews and i can't wait to hear about them!
NOW, regarding the beginning of your post. we ALL know what it means - you and Zack have been talking about marriage. don't worry sis, you knew this was coming all along - and YES, i told you so.

Heidi and Rich said...

Your post almost made me cry. You three are so amazing. Thank you for taking the time last summer to travel together. I wish I had done something like that. I agree you will miss Kyle more than you missed us - you two have helped each other survive the crazy life - being the youngest of 7 kids, etc. etc. If Peter is right and you are getting married I am excited for you. I really want to know how the interviews went. I love ya!!!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

How did I miss this post?

Well, I can't believe that you are so close to having your own classroom! You will get the job(s) that you are meant to have! As for Kyle going on a mission, I remember when you two were little & we wondered, "Will they look the same when they are older? Will they be the same..." And the time has arrived - amazingly you two are the same in many ways. Your love/hate relationship is a crack-up but you understand each other so well!