CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I was reading a book (Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult) last night and I read these lines:

" I wonder if there's a difference between being a dutiful mother and being a good mother."
"There is.  A dutiful mother is someone who follows every step her child makes. 
And a good mother is someone whose child wants to follow her."

I immediately thought of my own good mother and realized how true this statement is.  I have been so blessed to have a wonderful mom.  I see her goodness more and more everyday and I want to be like her. 

Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you more than you will ever know. 

2 comments:

DFN said...

you are so sweet Stacie -
Thanks for the compliments - but I want to be like you and all of my kids - your examples inspire me to be better! Know that we are all blessed to have the knowledge of our purpose here on this earth. Our Savior has provided us with the perfect example to follow in all things. You can be an influence for good to others daily as you life up to your full potential. Love ya -mom

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

What a great quote! We do have a good mother - glad we can learn from her.